Noun Phrase Structure in the Languages of Europe (Empirical Approaches to Language Typology, 20-7)
The result of over five years of close collaboration among an international group of leading typologists within the EUROTYP programme, this volume is about the morphology and syntax of the noun phrase. Particular attention is being paid to nominal inflectional categories and inflectional systems and to the syntax of determination, modification, and conjunction. Its areal focus, like that of other EUROTYP volumes, is on the languages of Europe; but in order to appreciate what is peculiarly European about their noun phrases, a more comprehensive and genuinely typological view is being taken at the full range of cross-linguistic variation within this structural domain. There has been no shortage lately of contributions to the theory of noun phrase structure; the present volume is, however, unique in the extent to which its theorizing is empirically grounded.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [Online] Ordered Chaos : The Interpretation Of English Noun-noun Compounds
- [pdf] The Identity Of Noun Phrases
- [pdf] Noun + Verb Compounding In Western Romance
- [pdf] What Makes Definite Noun Phrases Definite?
- Sorry,No related books at isbnlib