From Nyet to Da: Understanding the New Russia
Like earlier editions, the new "From Nyet to Da" illuminates the dynamics of traditional Russian culture in the framework of contemporary events. With a new preface, a completely rewritten ’Whither Russia’ chapter and updates and revisions throughout, "From Nyet to Da" enlightens readers about virtually every aspect of Russian life, covering social and interpersonal skills as well as the underlying cultural assumptions and values of the Russian people. Business executives, educators, students, governmental or non-governmental officials will gain new insights from this sympathetic yet even-handed treatment of the Russian people. Richmond has a talent for objective, clear and balanced writing. He weaves Russian cultural behavior with historical reference and modern-day anecdotes in such a way as to make learning about these fascinating and passionate people an enjoyable experience.Five major sections help to define the Russian culture: ’Geography and Culture’ places Russian culture in the framework of the geographic and historical forces that have shaped it; ’Culture and Character’ describes the Russian personality; ’State and Society’ explains the post-Soviet socio-political system; ’Personal Encounters’ identifies key behavior patterns a visitor will encounter; and, ’Negotiating with Russians’ provides a guide to negotiating a joint venture or a contract.
- Culture Shock! Russia: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette (Culture Shock! Guides)
- Russia - Culture Smart!: the essential guide to customs & culture
- Understanding Cultural Differences: Germans, French, and Americans
- The Russian Way, Second Edition: Aspects of Behavior, Attitudes, and Customs of the Russians
- The Russian’s World: Life and Language, Third Edition