Spiritual Journaling: Recording Your Journey Toward God (Spiritual Formation Study Guides)
THE FIRST STEP TOWARD GROWTH IS NOTICING.
What are the lifestyle characteristics that distinguish a follower of Jesus from those who share no interest in Him? Widespread research suggests that in our society there are none.
Why is that? Surely one would expect a follower of history’s most influential person to stand out from the crowd. Perhaps it relates to the pace of contemporary life. By running so fast, we miss the meaning of our actions, and the cultivation of our characters.
Though many of us do try to capture each day’s experiences in a journal, few take that practice to the level of a spiritual discipline by using it to explore the work of God in our lives.
In Spiritual Journaling, you will learn to recognize the progression from who you have been to who you are meant to become. By taking time to go back and understand the critical elements of your life-the events, relationships, patterns, and experiences that shape you-you will gradually find yourself viewing the future through the lens of conformity to the way of Jesus.
Whether you choose to explore this new skill with a group of friends (recommended!) or on your own, you’ll benefit from the thoughtful exercises presented in this study guide.
- Spiritual Autobiography: Discovering and Sharing Your Spiritual Story (Spiritual Formation Study Guides)
- Contemplative Bible Reading: Experiencing God Through Scripture (Spiritual Formation Study Guides)
- Journaling as a Spiritual Practice: Encountering God Through Attentive Writing
- Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth
- Meditative Prayer: Entering God’s Presence (Spiritual Formation Study Guides)