Living with Books
Everyone has books—but most people simply put them on a shelf, neglecting more creative ways to make their treasures an integral part of the interior design. Alan Powers’ witty, elegant guide to showcasing your precious volumes will change all that. Going room to room, from kitchens to hallways, he reveals inspirational ways that books can create character in the home. Stunningly photographed images from around the world display large-scale libraries, as well as such ingenious space-saving devices as enclosed book lofts; shelves cleverly tucked into stairways; and narrow wall-mounted boarding that fits snugly behind a chair. There’s advice on caring for the volumes, technical hints on planning and building bookshelves, and practical, detailed projects. Special double-page features cover such topics as designer solutions and constructing furniture out of books.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Bikes, Books, And Better Living: Epic Cross-country Bicycle Trip Promoting Literacy, Healthy Living
- [pdf] Supporting Independent Living For Disabled People : An Evaluation Of The Foundations For Living Project
- [pdf] Positive Living. The Best Of Breslov On Positive Living.
- [pdf] At What Price?: Conceptualizing And Measuring Cost-of-living And Price Indexes
- [pdf] Second Homes For Leisure Living