The Chaos Scenario
What happens when the old world order collapses and the Brave New World is unprepared to replace it as an ad medium, as a news source, as a political soapbox, a channel for new episodes of Lost? Welcome to The Chaos Scenario. It’s here, and Bob Garfield saw it coming. In his roles as Advertising Age editor-at-large and as co-host of NPR’s On the Media, Bob Garfield long ago connected dots that many in media and marketing refused even to acknowledge. In this fascinating, terrifying, instructive and often hilarious book, Garfield is not content to chronicle the ruinous disintegration of traditional media and marketing. Instead he travels to five continents for solutions. His journeys begin in a Denmark cow pasture and take him from Estonia to Australia, Israel to England, Montenegro to Brazil, Los Gatos, California, to Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. What he discovers is the answer for all institutions who wish to survive and thrive in a digitally connected, Post-Media Age. He calls this the art and science of Listenomics. You should listen, too.
- The Curse of the Mogul: What’s Wrong with the World’s Leading Media Companies
- Losing the News: The Future of the News That Feeds Democracy (Institutions of American Democracy)
- Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business
- Adland: Searching for the Meaning of Life on a Branded Planet
- The Next Evolution of Marketing: Connect with Your Customers by Marketing with Meaning