Don’t Be Nice, Be Real: Balancing Passion for Self with Compassion for Others
This is a lively, light approach to a deadly serious subject - our lives. It combines humour, radical wisdom, and new culture spirituality to teach the mechanics and spirit of Non-violent Compassionate Communication to cure ’Niceitis’, a hereditary disease. The author has shown that non-violent communication works wonders, in even the roughest of situations. He’s used it with street gangs in San Diego, combined groups of Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland, Palestinians and Israelis in the Middle East, and among the Croats, Serbs, and Muslims of the Balkans during the Bosnian war. PTA meetings, business conflicts and marital custody battles call all be utterly transformed by these techniques. This book takes us from behind the wall of culturally conditioned incenses, providing us with the tools we need for self-responsible, non-judgemental, clear and conscious honesty.
- Getting Real: Ten Truth Skills You Need to Live an Authentic Life
- Being Genuine: Stop Being Nice, Start Being Real
- Saying What’s Real: 7 Keys to Authentic Communication and Relationship Success
- The Surprising Purpose of Anger: Beyond Anger Management: Finding the Gift (Nonviolent Communication Guides)
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life