Paris: City Of Art: Expanded Edition
Weighing a hefty eleven pounds, this surpassingly rich visual and intellectual feast is the luxury book bargain of the season. . . . Pérouse de Montclos’s method of examining landmarks individually and in depth opens our eyes to treasures that even habitués of Paris may have missed.” Martin Filler, The New York Times Book Review
Now expanded, this towering volume is more comprehensiveand compellingthan ever. Illustrated with more than 850 full-color images, maps, plans, and chronologies, Paris: City of Art is an unparalleled celebration of the city’s artistic vision and energy. From antiquity to the present day, Paris: City of Art is a guide through centuries of artistic achievement: soaring Gothic cathedrals, the sumptuous and extravagant Louvre, luminous Impressionist masterpieces, and the birth of Modernism.
Featuring notable additions to the city’s skyline, such as Jean Nouvel’s Quai Branly Museum, as well as designs for major works in progress, such as Frank Gehry’s Louis Vuitton Foundation for Creation, this expanded edition is the quintessential authority on the aesthetic past, present, and future of this incredible city.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [Online] Suzy In Paris : Guide To Unique Paris Promenades
- [Online] Paris Goes To Lake Tahoe
- [Online] Paris Goes To San Francisco
- [Online] Xv Biennale De Paris : Du 1er Octobre 2006 Au 30 Septembre 2008
- [pdf] Kimono (dodo Press) By John Paris