Stress, Appraisal, and Coping
Here is a monumental work that continues in the tradition pioneered by co-author Richard Lazarus in his classic book Psychological Stress and the Coping Process. Dr. Lazarus and his collaborator, Dr. Susan Folkman, present here a detailed theory of psychological stress, building on the concepts of cognitive appraisal and coping which have become major themes of theory and investigation.
As an integrative theoretical analysis, this volume pulls together two decades of research and thought on issues in behavioral medicine, emotion, stress management, treatment, and life span development. A selective review of the most pertinent literature is included in each chapter. The total reference listing for the book extends to 60 pages.
This work is necessarily multidisciplinary, reflecting the many dimensions of stress-related problems and their situation within a complex social context. While the emphasis is on psychological aspects of stress, the book is oriented towards professionals in various disciplines, as well as advanced students and educated laypersons. The intended audience ranges from psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, nurses, and social workers to sociologists, anthropologists, medical researchers, and physiologists.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Diagnosis And Assessment
- [pdf] Treatment Of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: An Assessment Of The Evidence
- [pdf] Gulf War And Health: Volume 6. Physiologic, Psychologic, And Psychosocial Effects Of Deployment-related Stress
- [pdf] The Analysis Of Stress And Deformation
- [pdf] The Diffraction Of Elastic Waves And Dynamic Stress Concentrations