Army: An Illustrated History: The U.S. Army from 1775 to the 21st Century
From its Revolutionary War beginnings as the Continental Army to its leadership of the “Coalition of the Willing” in today’s Iraq, for more than 200 years the United States Army has fulfilled its solemn charge: to provide for the common defense, at home and abroad. To a significant degree the U.S. Army’s story is the story of the United States, as becomes clear in this absorbing, illustrated history of the U. S. Army from its beginnings in a rag-tag force of colonial militia to its current incarnation as the world’s most powerful and sophisticated land-combat force.
With an emphasis on post-Vietnam operations and detailed information on the technological component of the force’s military might, distinguished historian Chester Hearn follows the U. S. Army through its combat history—the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War, various Indian wars, the Spanish-American War, World Wars I and II, Korea, Vietnam, the first Gulf war, and Afghanistan and Iraq—offering a complete and thoroughly fascinating account of an armed force ever remaking itself to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Army Life V. Life In The Army : The Relationship Between Quality Of Life Program Utilization And Army Career Intentions
- [pdf] Evaluation Of The Army's Draft Assessment Criteria To Aid In The Selection Of Alternative Technologies For Chemical Demilitarization
- [pdf] What's With The Relationship Between America's Army And China's Pla?: An Examination Of The Terms Of The U.s. Army's Strategic Peacetime Engagement With The People's Liberation Army Of The People's Republic Of China
- [pdf] The Army Research Laboratory:alternative Organizational And Management Options
- [pdf] Fifty Years Of Army Computing
- Navy: An Illustrated History: The U.S. Navy from 1775 to the 21st Century (Illustrated History (Zenith Press))
- Air Force: An Illustrated History: The U.S. Air Force from 1910 to the 21st Century
- Marines: An Illustrated History: The United States Marine Corps from 1775 to the 21st Century (Illustrated History (Zenith Press))
- U.S. Army: A Complete History
- The Army