Children’s Dreams: Notes from the Seminar Given in 1936-1940 (Jung Seminars)
In the 1930s C. G. Jung embarked upon a bold investigation into childhood dreams as remembered by adults to better understand their significance to the lives of the dreamers. Jung presented his findings in a four-year seminar series at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich. Children’s Dreams marks their first publication in English, and fills a critical gap in Jung’s collected works.
Here we witness Jung the clinician more vividly than ever before--and he is witty, impatient, sometimes authoritarian, always wise and intellectually daring, but also a teacher who, though brilliant, could be vulnerable, uncertain, and humbled by life’s great mysteries. These seminars represent the most penetrating account of Jung’s insights into children’s dreams and the psychology of childhood. At the same time they offer the best example of group supervision by Jung, presenting his most detailed and thorough exposition of Jungian dream analysis and providing a picture of how he taught others to interpret dreams. Presented here in an inspired English translation commissioned by the Philemon Foundation, these seminars reveal Jung as an impassioned educator in dialogue with his students and developing the practice of analytical psychology.
An invaluable document of perhaps the most important psychologist of the twentieth century at work, this splendid volume is the fullest representation of Jung’s views on the interpretation of children’s dreams, and signals a new wave in the publication of Jung’s collected works as well as a renaissance in contemporary Jung studies.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [Online] A World Fit For Us : The Children's Statement From The Un Special Session On Children : Five Years On
- [pdf] Children On The Homefront : The Experiences Of Children From Military Families
- [pdf] Children And The Millennium Development Goals : Progress Towards A World Fit For Children
- [pdf] Bird Children : The Little Playmates Of The Flower Children
- [pdf] Progress For Children : A World Fit For Children Statistical Review
- The Red Book
- The Jung-White Letters (Philemon Series)
- The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious (Collected Works of C.G. Jung Vol.9 Part 1)
- The House of C. G. Jung: The History and Restoration of the Residence of Emma and Carl Gustav Jung-Rauschenbach
- Wisdom of the Psyche: Depth Psychology after Neuroscience