Yoga for Scuba Divers
Yoga for Scuba Divers teaches you poses, breathing exercises, visualization methods, and yoga ethics that make you a better diver. By practicing the poses you can: enhance your finning techniques and underwater stability, build core power and abdominal control to fine-tune your buoyancy, and improve your balance and strength for walks on the shore in full gear. The breathing exercises teach you to breathe steadily during physical exertion, keeping you calm under water. All the yoga poses are practiced on land. Yoga for Scuba Divers includes visualizations to prepare you mentally for upcoming dives. Athletes use visualization to enhance performance; it’s powerful for divers, too. You will also learn yoga principles, such as non-violence, and how they apply to divers. Todd Stedl is a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Kimberlee Jensen Stedl is a Registered Yoga Teacher and an American Council on Exercise Faculty member. Together they have been diving and doing yoga since they met in 2002.
- Fifty Places to Dive Before You Die: Diving Experts Share the World’s Greatest Destinations
- Diver Down: Real-World SCUBA Accidents and How to Avoid Them
- DAN Pocket Guide to First Aid for Scuba Diving
- The Certified Diver’s Handbook: The Complete Guide to Your Own Underwater Adventures
- Dive Like a Pro: 101 Ways to Improve Your Scuba Skills and Safety