Recovering the Original Gospel of Thomas: A History of the Gospel And Its Growth (The Library of New Testament Studies)
This book explores the fascinating and enigmatic collection of 114 sayings of Jesus, the ’Gospel of Thomas’ that was discovered in the sands of Nag Hammadi, Egypt, in the 1940’s. Since its discovery, scholars and the public alike have been intrigued to know what the Gospel says and what light it sheds on the formation of early Christianity.
Here, DeConick provides a new English translation of the entire Gospel of Thomas, which includes the original ’kernel’ of the Gospel and all the sayings. A unique feature of this book is that translations to the parallels of the Gospel are also included.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Recovering Biblical Manhood Andwomanhood:a Response To Evangelical Feminism
- [pdf] Review Of Strategies For Recovering Tributary Habitat
- [pdf] Recovering Correctional Costs Through Offender Fees
- [pdf] Recovering The Word : Essays On Native American Literature
- [pdf] Recovering Biblical Manhood And Womanhood: A Response To Evangelical Feminism
- Original Gospel of Thomas in Translation (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- Seek to See Him: Ascent and Vision Mysticism in the Gospel of Thomas (Supplements to Vigiliae Christianae, Vol 33)
- Thirteenth Apostle: What the Gospel of Judas Really Says : Revised Ed.
- Thomas, the Other Gospel
- The Gospel of Thomas (New Testament Readings)