Jane and His Lordship’s Legacy (Jane Austen Mysteries)
The dead man was a common laborer, and a subsequent coroner’s examination shows he was murdered elsewhere and transported to Chawton Cottage. Suddenly Jane and her family are thrust into the center of a brewing scandal in this provincial village that doesn’t take kindly to outsiders in general—and to Austens in particular.
And just as Jane glimpses a connection between the murder and the shattering truth concealed somewhere in Lord Harold’s papers, violent death strikes yet another unsuspecting vicitim. Suddenly there are suspects and motives everywhere Jane looks—local burglaries, thwarted passions, would-be knights, and members of the royal family itself who want Lord Harold hushed . . . even in death. As the tale of one man’s illustrious life unfolds—a life that runs a parallel course to the history of two continents—Jane races against time to catch a cunning killer before more innocent lives are taken. But her determination to protect Lord Harold’s legacy could exact the costliest price of all: her own life.
Jane and His Lordship’s Legacy is historical suspense writing at its very finest, graced with insight, perception, and uncommon intelligence of its singular heroine in a mystery that will test the mettle of her mind and heart.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] The Stories Mother Nature Told Her Children (dodo Press) By Jane Andrews
- [pdf] Ten Boys Who Lived On The Road From Long Ago To Now (illustrated Edition) (dodo Press) By Jane Andrews
- [pdf] Child's Health Primer For Primary Classes (illustrated Edition) (dodo Press) By Jane Andrews
- [pdf] Strangers At Lisconnelby A Second Series Of Irish Idylls (dodo Press) By Jane Barlow
- [pdf] Lady Susan, The Watsons, Letters Of Jane Austen (volume 11 & 12)~ Paper Bound