Stimulating Innovation in Products and Services : Function Analysis and Function Mapping
Practical techniques to help any organization innovate and succeed
In this groundbreaking book, internationally acclaimed authors demonstrate that innovation can be mastered via systematic and replicable methods. Following careful instructions and guidelines, readers discover how to foster the ingenuity that resides within all organizations and how it can be most efficiently and effectively used to create value.
At the core of this book is the Function Analysis Systems Technique (FAST). FAST is a powerful mapping technique that graphically models projects, products, and processes in function terms and identifies function dependencies. It is an organized structure ideally suited to exploring complex issues. Readers start with basic concepts and then move on to more advanced concepts using FAST to help their organizations survive and prosper in today’s global economy. Topics include:
* Problem-solving techniques
* Function analysis
* Function Analysis Systems Technique (FAST)
* Dimensioning the FAST model
* Attributes and the FAST model
* Enabling innovation
* From competency to capability
Practical examples and case studies are provided throughout the book to assist the reader in applying the principles of FAST to their own organizations.
Stimulating Innovation in Products and Services is based on the authors’ many years of experience advising clients in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, aerospace, health care, and man-ufacturing. Its practical focus assists all engineers, scientists, and managers who want to foster innovation within their organizations. Extensive use of case studies makes this an ideal coursebook for MBA students.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [Online] The Cip Vision Preserving The Core, Stimulating Progress
- [Online] Systems For Stimulating The Development Of Fundamental Research
- [pdf] Stimulating Industrial Innovation For Sustainability : Country Reports
- [pdf] Agriculture In Nicaragua : Promoting Competitiveness And Stimulating Broad-based Growth
- [pdf] Stimulating Science And Technology In Higher Education : An International Comparison Of Policy Measures And Their Effectiveness
- Fast Creativity & Innovation: Rapidly Improving Processes, Product Development and Solving
- Value Analysis Tear-Down: A New Process for Product Development and Innovation
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge: (Pmbok Guide)
- Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation, Revised and Updated