Survey Errors And Survey Costs (Wiley Series In Survey Methodology)
Book Description:The Wiley-Interscience Paperback Series consists of selected books that have been made more accessible to consumers in an effort to increase global appeal and general circulation. With these new unabridged softcover volumes, Wiley hopes to extend the lives of these works by making them available to future generations of statisticians, mathematicians, and scientists.
"Survey Errors and Survey Costs is a well-written, well-presented, and highly readable text that should be on every error-conscious statistician’s bookshelf. Any courses that cover the theory and design of surveys should certainly have Survey Errors and Survey Costs on their reading lists."
MEL, Aston University Science Park, UK
Review in The Statistician, Vol. 40, No. 3, 1991
"This volume is an extremely valuable contribution to survey methodology. It has many virtues: First, it provides a framework in which survey errors can be segregated by sources. Second, Groves has skillfully synthesized existing knowledge, bringing together in an easily accessible form empirical knowledge from a variety of sources. Third, he has managed to integrate into a common framework the contributions of several disciplines. For example, the work of psychometricians and cognitive psychologists is made relevant to the research of econometricians as well as the field experience of sociologists. Finally, but not least, Groves has managed to present all this in a style that is accessible to a wide variety of readers ranging from survey specialists to policymakers."
–Peter H. Rossi
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Review in Journal of Official Statistics, January 1991
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Survey Issues Regarding Dual Eligible Populations : Design Of A Medicare Fee-for-service Cahps Survey
- [pdf] Documentation For The Survey Of Pesticide Use During The Gulf War : The Survey Instrument
- [pdf] Caring For Depression And Comorbid Pain : Evidence From The Health And Retirement Survey And The Healthcare For Communities Survey
- [pdf] Documentation For The Survey Of Pesticide Use During The Gulf War: The Survey Instrument
- [pdf] The 1996 Matlab Health And Socioeconomic Survey : Codebook For Household Survey