Mediterranean Climate Variability, Volume 4 (Developments In Earth And Environmental Sciences)
Book Description:This multi-authored book provides an updated description of climate variability in the Mediterranean basin, focusing on decadal and centennial time scales and on the results available on the impact of future emission scenarios at regional scale. The authors describs both local physical processes responsible for these variability - such as changes in the surface properties and land use- and globalprocesses - such as changes in the large scale atmospheric circulation associated to global warming, NAO, tropical monsoon and ENSO. Regional climate change issues are also addressed.
Mediterranean Climate Variability aims to review the research on this region and to provide at the same time both an introduction and a reference for researchers. It covers topics typical of Climatology, Climate history, Meteorology, Oceanography, Environmental Science but the information here provided would also be useful for research in agriculture, social and economic studies. It is addressed to scientists and students interested in the Mediterranean climate and environment. Some topics have interesting connections to nearby regions: Northern Atlantic, West Africa, central and Eastern Europe. Each chapter will contain a summary meant to provide information to policy makers, researchers from other fields, and in general to a wide audience without a technical expertise on climate.
* Provides an updated analysis of the Mediterranean climate features and guidelines for future research
* Considers both oceanographic and atmospheric aspects
* Analyzes the Mediterranean climate in a global perspective
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [Online] Selected Papers Presented At The Third Technical Consultation On Stock Assessment In The Central Mediterranean, Tunis, Tunisia
- [Online] Report Of The Workshop On Standardization Of Selectivity Methods Applied To Trawling In The Mediterranean Sea, Sète, France, 9-11 February 2005
- [Online] Manual Of Methods In Aquatic Environment Research : Selected Bioassays For The Mediterranean (tests Used By The Fao(gfcm)/unep Joint Coordinated Project On Pollution In The Mediterranean)
- [Online] Report Of The Expert Meeting To Identify The Needs For A Subsidiary Body On The Technical And Socio-economic Aspects Of Aquaculture In The Mediterranean : Santiago De Compostela, Spain, 2-3 June 2006
- [Online] Report Of The Experts Meeting For The Re-establishment Of The Gfcm Committee On Aquaculture Network On Environment And Aquaculture In The Mediterranean : Rome, 7-9 December 2005
- Sorry,No related books at isbnlib