Character Design for Graphic Novels (Character Design Library)
Character Design for Graphic Novels not only showcases the best in character design from the world’s leading artists onscreen and on the printed page, but provides you with a hardworking guide to the process behind the evolution and development of character design, the key milestones of the art, the genre busters, and the genre definers.
This stunning book offers a unique insight into the creative process, interviewing the genre’s leading artists, showcasing their work, and showing how it is done so you can benefit from their expertise when creating your own graphic novel characters.
Throughout the book biographies of the major artists in each field, their inspirations, their achievements, and their finest hours, are highlighted to give you the inspiration required to succeed in this competitive field.
Learn how popular characters evolved from sketches, drawings, and initial inspirations, through fine-tuning, discussion, and alternative proposals, to onscreen debut and first-edition publication on the printed page.
Featured artists include: Colleen Doran (Illustrator on the Neil Gaiman’s - New York Times bestselling author- Sandman series), Kurt Busiek (Writer for Marvel Comics), Eddie Campbell (Illustrator of Alan Moore’s acclaimed ’From Hell’)and Stan Sakai (creator of the famous character Usagi the bunny).
* Learn how some of the great contemporary and near contemporary illustrators design their graphic novel characters
* Benefit from the professional invaluable insight into how character design changes depending on the medium, the audience, trends, and different decades
* Fully illustrated in color thoughout to showcase the best artwork and inspire your creativity!
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Author Vs. Character
- [pdf] Character Recognition
- [pdf] "disorder" And 7 Other Flashes Of Character
- [pdf] Losing Character (short Story)
- [pdf] Christian Character - For Love Of God And Horses
- Comic Book Design: The Essential Guide to Creating Great Comics and Graphic Novels
- Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels
- Hi-Fi Color For Comics: Digital Techniques for Professional Results
- Storyboard Design Course: Principles, Practice, and Techniques
- Creating Characters with Personality: For Film, TV, Animation, Video Games, and Graphic Novels --2006 publication.