Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination
This anthology, edited by Scott Plous, can be used as a main text or supplementary text for courses on prejudice, discrimination, and diversity. It includes a unique collection of readings edited, adapted, or updated specifically for this anthology -- some of which have never been published before. Interdisciplinary in scope and wide-ranging in approach, the anthology combines research articles, opinion polls, legal decisions, news reports, personal narratives, and more. Several readings come from people on the receiving end of prejudice (often referred to as "targets" of prejudice), whereas other readings focus on perpetrators, bystanders, and social institutions.
Note: The book can also be used in conjunction with UnderstandingPrejudice.org, a web site that includes interactive exercises and demonstrations, multimedia materials, tips for instructors, and other prejudice-related resources.
Download Suggested Free eBooks
- Related free ebooks indexed by openisbn project(pdf, epub, online or others):
- [pdf] Understanding And Preventing Violencevolume 1
- [pdf] Understanding And Preventing Violence, Volume 3: Social Influences
- [pdf] Understanding And Preventing Violence, Volume 2: Biobehavioral Influences
- [pdf] Understanding And Preventing Violence, Volume 4: Consequences And Control
- [pdf] Understanding Crime Trends: Workshop Report